Why you should not procrastinate.
Disclaimer: I'm writing this blog on why you should not procrastinate because I am the worst at procrastinating.
This has been a life long thing that people have told me, one of the pieces of advice I have been given (and ignored) the most, don't procrastinate.
Most times I have gotten away with pushing things off until the deadline hoping to just scrape by. And admittedly most times it has worked. However after a semester of one procrastinated assignment after the other I feel as though I might just barely be keeping my head above the water. And what is truly sad it this: it all started the very first week of the semester. I did myself in then. Deciding that final papers and projects that weren't due until the end of the semester weren't important to focus on is beginning to have detrimental consequences.
Have you ever had that moment, the sinking feeling you get when you look at all the things that are due the week you get back from Thanksgiving break and realize that you are not sure how you are going to finish all of them without at least one all-nighter? I just did. So a word to my future self and all those like me: save yourself, don't procrastinate.
This has been a life long thing that people have told me, one of the pieces of advice I have been given (and ignored) the most, don't procrastinate.
Most times I have gotten away with pushing things off until the deadline hoping to just scrape by. And admittedly most times it has worked. However after a semester of one procrastinated assignment after the other I feel as though I might just barely be keeping my head above the water. And what is truly sad it this: it all started the very first week of the semester. I did myself in then. Deciding that final papers and projects that weren't due until the end of the semester weren't important to focus on is beginning to have detrimental consequences.
Have you ever had that moment, the sinking feeling you get when you look at all the things that are due the week you get back from Thanksgiving break and realize that you are not sure how you are going to finish all of them without at least one all-nighter? I just did. So a word to my future self and all those like me: save yourself, don't procrastinate.
Comments
Post a Comment