What I'd Tell My Freshman Self
As my second to last semester is coming to a close, and my sister's very first semester is also coming to a close I began thinking, if I could go back in time what would I tell my freshman self. As a freshman I struggled both socially and academically finding a place here at BYU, and looking back there is a lot I have learned that I wish I could have known earlier. So, in the interest of this post I've narrowed it down to ten things I would tell my freshman self if I could.
1. It's okay to miss home, but don't miss home so much that you miss out on making a home at college too.
2. Just take fun classes and don't get wrapped up in picking a major, you'll find what's right at the right time.
3. Bring all your crap from home that made home feel like home, it'll make you feel better.
4. Making new friends doesn't mean you'll lose the old ones.
5. However, there are some friends you'll drift apart from, outgrow, or watch your lives and values go separate ways, that's okay. That is part of growing up.
6. Look forward to going home, but also have something to look forward to for when you get back.
7. Things take time, don't stress when everything hasn't fallen in place by the end of your freshman year, or junior, or even senior year.
8. A good cry helps sometimes, but sometimes it also helps to just smile through it.
9. STUDY
10. Make time for those who matter, you don't know when there will be no more time.
1. It's okay to miss home, but don't miss home so much that you miss out on making a home at college too.
2. Just take fun classes and don't get wrapped up in picking a major, you'll find what's right at the right time.
3. Bring all your crap from home that made home feel like home, it'll make you feel better.
4. Making new friends doesn't mean you'll lose the old ones.
5. However, there are some friends you'll drift apart from, outgrow, or watch your lives and values go separate ways, that's okay. That is part of growing up.
6. Look forward to going home, but also have something to look forward to for when you get back.
7. Things take time, don't stress when everything hasn't fallen in place by the end of your freshman year, or junior, or even senior year.
8. A good cry helps sometimes, but sometimes it also helps to just smile through it.
9. STUDY
10. Make time for those who matter, you don't know when there will be no more time.
Comments
Post a Comment