The Importance of Priorities

As Thanksgiving was approaching, Christmas shopping pending, and the end of the semester I quickly realized something. These next few weeks are going to make me prioritize. I'm generally one to have my priorities with making sure school work is in on time and I'm not missing some huge deadline. However, I must admit in this semester has been a struggle for that. I could try the arguments that it's "seniorites" or that I'm just getting burnt out (both of which are true) but more likely my priorities have changed this semester. I'm not implying there is a right or wrong order to have your priorities in, and I'm not even sure if my priorities are straight, but this semester I have found not only am I prioritizing which classes get the majority of my attention, but I am also prioritizing work, school, social life, and family, and in the prioritizing school does not rank in the number one spot as it has in past semesters.
However, I have a goal that may mean I need to re-prioritize a couple of things. My goal is to end this semester on a high note. So, in order to accomplish this I may need to cut back on social things, learn to say no to driving up to Salt Lake for dinner, and really work hard on writing final papers, finishing projects, and prepping for the many in class presentations I have. However, I fear this goal is easier said then done because I have learned in the past couple months that it is more important to care about people then a 4.0 GPA. And this may not be true for all people, but it has become true for me. So, with all things considered I need to make sure I am prioritizing the important things, but in doing so not letting school work, or people, fall by the wayside.

Comments