Giving Thanks.
Since there is some sort of sense of anonymity behind a computer screen I'll admit this. I have a quality that drove my mother insane. I can have a very pessimistic outlook on the world. However, I like to call it optimistically pessimistic. I tend to focus on what could go wrong, or what has gone wrong, but at the same time looking for the silver lining in tragedy. I have now been credited for coining the phrase my family now laughs about "their is no such thing as rock bottom" and I know what you must be thinking, wow she's probably a fun person to have at parties, but here's the thing it's all said with sarcasm, and when times get tough i'll try and point out the good. However, as I mentioned earlier this particular trait drove my mother crazy and I was forced to tell her things I was grateful for and things that made me smile every night.
While my life experiences may have shed a cynical light on my world view there is one thing I can say for sure, there are always things to be grateful for. So, on a particularly bad day, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving here are the five things that I'm grateful for today.
1. My cat (yes, I am that person)
2. Blankets and socks and anything that keeps me warm
3. Playing games with my family, good times and bad times were always down for a little competition.
4. Security, whether this is the roof over my head, food to eat, or a safe place to call home.
5. My boyfriend, no matter what kind of day I'm having he has some magical ability to may me laugh, even in the middle of crying.
While my life experiences may have shed a cynical light on my world view there is one thing I can say for sure, there are always things to be grateful for. So, on a particularly bad day, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving here are the five things that I'm grateful for today.
1. My cat (yes, I am that person)
2. Blankets and socks and anything that keeps me warm
3. Playing games with my family, good times and bad times were always down for a little competition.
4. Security, whether this is the roof over my head, food to eat, or a safe place to call home.
5. My boyfriend, no matter what kind of day I'm having he has some magical ability to may me laugh, even in the middle of crying.
Comments
Post a Comment