After the research....
When writing a research papers I have a tendency to procrastinate. This time I made a goal: do not wait until the last minute to write the paper. I made a TO DO list outlining everything I had to do in order to finish my paper well before the deadline. I can't say it completely worked, however, there were aspects of my so called TO DO list that were helpful. One strategy was to read all of my sources thoroughly and write down the main points and findings of the research for each source. This was very helpful when I came to write my paper, I already knew what each of my sources contained and how I could use them. The next helpful strategy was to create my resource page before starting. This way I could easily cite my sources as I wrote the paper as well as keep track of which sources I had used and which I still needed to use, this helped to clear any confusion I may have encountered with my sources. The last successful strategy I implemented was to create an outline of the paper. I have far too often started in on a paper not knowing where I was going with it, or what I would talk about when. Creating the outline helped me to keep focused when writing the paper.
With all of this said I think it would be fair to say my number one goal for the next paper is to not procrastinate. This involves utilizing self discipline and reminding myself that the Netflix show I want to watch will be even more satisfying if in the back of my mind I am not still thinking about how my paper isn't quite finished.
Throughout researching this paper I had a relatively clear idea of what the research would look like and what I would find. However, what surprised me was to what extent insecure attachments affected children.
With all of this said I think it would be fair to say my number one goal for the next paper is to not procrastinate. This involves utilizing self discipline and reminding myself that the Netflix show I want to watch will be even more satisfying if in the back of my mind I am not still thinking about how my paper isn't quite finished.
Throughout researching this paper I had a relatively clear idea of what the research would look like and what I would find. However, what surprised me was to what extent insecure attachments affected children.
Comments
Post a Comment